Download resume here Art resume
Programmed a variety of events and exhibitions at Artfoyer, Wollishofen, Zurich
Transition Worlds – a short film series focusing on personal, environmental, economic, political and social change.
Fire it Up: Ceramic as Material in Contemporary Sculpture, with Mark Divo, Pascal Häusermann and Cristian Andersen
Return of the Yellow Peril, collaborative project by Teresa Chen featuring Cat Tuong Nguyen
Conceived and organized the Arts Policy Symposium: International Models for Local Solutions in Bucharest, Romania at the University of Arts, Bucharest. In conjunction with this symposium, a knowledge exchange fair took place at UNA Gallery, called The Trade Show. Supported by Pro Helvetia and The Swiss Embassy in Bucharest.
Founder of Art Tours, Etc.- experience art in a social setting – Art history lectures, artist talks, art tours, and art events are scheduled regularly at galleries and art spaces throughout Zurich and beyond.
Services for galleries
Galleries are underutilized and need to reach a wider audience – that is known. But programming is time-consuming and drains the limited resources of the small staff. Therefore we offer services to our gallery clients that include scheduling, managing, and promoting art events targeting a diverse and interested public.
Past events include panel discussions with artists and art managers, as well as intimate conversations with artists. Programs include The Art Circle, Kunstkino Abend, Is It Art?, Art In Switzerland, and Art in France. Please visit Art Tours, Etc. for a list of previous events held at galleries. For more information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Creator of, and blogger for, Punkte10, a public art program of Fumetto, Akku, and Südpol, 2010
- Set up website and created content
- Document works in progress during the festival
- Blog about the festival and its artists
Manager of Art In the Public Sphere – Fumetto International Comix Festival, Lucerne, 2010
- Manage relations between artists and hosting institutions
- Work with hosting institutions and artists on details of project installation and placement
- Act as liaison between artists, Fumetto, and hosting institutions
- Coordinate all public art projects
Executive Director, Chicago Artists’ Coalition, 2005-2008
- Director of Chicago Art Open, visual art exhibition with 300 local artists (at Zhou B. Art Center in 2007 and Merchandise Mart in 2008).
- Managed annual fundraiser, Paint-A-Thon, with 15 artists.
- Oversaw organization’s year-round programming.
- Conceived organization’s exhibition program, CAC Around Town, combining artists with area businesses.
- Main fundraiser and grant writer.
- Promoted organization to the media and maintained press relations.
- Spearheaded organization’s marketing campaign, Chicago Artists to Watch.
Executive Director, Around The Coyote , 1998-2003
- Managed multi-media fall arts festival featuring visual art, dance, theater, performance art, film, poetry and music throughout the Wicker Park/Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago. More than 1000 participating artists.
- Founded the winter arts festival, a multi-media arts festival taking place in two large buildings, featuring visual art exhibitions, film screenings, dance performances, and poetry.
- Founded ATC Space, the organization’s art gallery featuring rotating exhibitions, and an annual artist-in-residence program.
- Initiated membership program to offer services to artists.
- Developed education program with outreach to local public schools and local park district.
- Main fundraiser and grantwriter.
- Promoted the organization to the media and maintained press relations.